RY 9 FITNESS IS ALWAYS INTERESTED in hiring the best and brightest in our field. Previous experience is not required. A position at ry 9 Fitness requires only a passion for fitness and helping others. We will train the right people through our training program.
What can team members expect?
We build full-time schedules for our team members so that they can focus on growing as fitness professionals, not sales people.
Team Training Approach
Our team members work together to ensure that our clients are having the best possible experience. This guarantees that we learn from one another and stay cutting edge in our field.
Trainers who excel have the opportunity to work in different areas of the business and assume managerial responsibilities.
Ry 9’s Internship program is designed to pick up where the intern’s academic career leaves off. You have a good foundation in the science…you now need to know how to apply it. We give our interns the tools needed to become true professionals in our field.
Interns are essentially enrolled in our Personal Fitness Instructor Training Program. In it, they learn the science, skill and art of being a personal trainer. Becoming an excellent communicator, commanding respect, creating solid foundations, strategies for personal growth, avoiding common pitfalls, how to promote yourself…the list goes on and on. The program is basically the culmination of years of identifying and correcting mistakes.
It is our desire to hire the very best of our interns when positions become available.
Prospective interns must meet the following criteria:
- Must be in final semester of a Health and Human Development related degree program (Candidate will graduate upon completion of internship).
- Must possess a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a member of the candidate’s university faculty.
- Must provide a cover letter that states why the candidate believes he/she is a good fit for the internship.
- Must provide a resume that highlights candidate’s pertinent coursework, extracurricular activities, hobbies, work experience, awards, and certifications.
- Must complete and submit an Internship Program application.
Interns work a full-time schedule Monday through Friday. During a typical day, a participant can expect:
- One to two hours of lecture/discussion
- Two to three hours of observation/practice/critical analysis with a Ry 9 team member
- One to two hours of miscellaneous instruction (including but not limited to assessment, demonstrations, and role playing)
- One hour of exercise/practice
- Independent study (reading, certification prep and project completion)
TPI stands for “Titleist Performance Institute”. mytpi.com is the largest collection of golf-specific health and fitness information from the world’s leading experts in the game. This site is brought to you by the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) — the leaders in elite player development.
Please feel free to call us at 215.264.7926 or – we’d be happy to discuss anything you want.